FOR CONSULTATION

For information about or sessions in meditation, source consciousness awakening or life mentoring: 716-816-5464/ sambasada@aol.com
/span>

Sunday, June 21, 2020

A GRIP ON REALITY

Losing our grip on reality may well ultimately be a matter of not loosening our grip.  Loosening our grip begins when we can see that our ideas about reality are constraining its power to enter our lives.  Imagine being separate from reality and believing we have a grip on it or really know what it is.  

The question, then, may well become not whether I might lose or choose to loosen my grip but whether I can let go my grip on reality.  Can I let it grip me or not, in all its power over me that has manifested all my life long--if I have eyes to see and ears to hear.  The truth is I can't really grasp or grip or let go.

I've heard it referred to as the way of the "Open Hand."  I can grip what lands in my hand.  Or, I can behold its gifts and its beauty as it chooses to stay with me.  I can let it be and let it go--even as soon as it lands and makes itself known.  I let it go only in enjoying its truth as its truth.

Or is there more? Is the illusion not that I believe I have a choice at all, to grasp at the real or not, to think that I can free myself by "letting go?"   After all, who is or who am I when I think that I can 'let go,' that I am in charge of this freedom.  Can I be more free than Freedom itself?

Or am I always there in and as the Freedom, in the space and 'place' of the Reality of the empty hand, being the 'letting be,' the letting go, the invitation to all that is and ever could be.

And when I step outside, over the doorsill, into the world, then I choose and do as I will--as if it were actually my will.  Oddly enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment