FOR CONSULTATION

For information about or sessions in meditation, source consciousness awakening or life mentoring: 716-816-5464/ sambasada@aol.com
/span>

Sunday, January 4, 2015

Adieu Desire!

I no longer desire my desire.  The desire that does arise in my body still has its objects.  Yet my Self is no longer identified with the desire.  Consequently, I feel no need to move toward attaching to those objects.  I feel no need to seek out a lasting fulfillment in pursuing those objects.  The desire is passed over in forgetting or released from the body in one way or another.  If I did pursue those objects whether sexual or gustatory, nothing would be gained, nothing realized, nothing actualized. But the precious eternal moment of the present would be lost.  Freedom of the self would be lost.  These objects could give me nothing that I do not already have, that I cannot already find in my just being.  Desire is here fulfilled, transformed into joy and peace. ... My more cynical friends say I'm just getting old.

No comments:

Post a Comment